Monopoly Mania: 25 of the Most Awesome Monopoly Boards Ever
Do you want to know what one of the best things about the Christmas holiday season is? It just happens to be one of the greatest opportunities there is for playing extended Monopoly games that can last all day, or even all week.
You have plenty of time on your hands, the house is filled with guests, and it is usually a little too cold to go outside for long. So what can you do? Well besides opening your presents and drinking hot cocoa, you can go straight to the monopoly board and spend hours playing one of the classic board games of all time . Which edition do you want to use? Well it’s funny you asked that question…
Monopoly is one of the favorite American past times, but there have been numerous popular editions available over the years. Here is the holiday Monopoly extravaganza, choose the edition that suits you best, pass out some money, and get ready to pass Go…
Pirates of the Caribbean Edition
- 6 pewter tokens featuring Jack Sparrow’s compass, Pirate skull, the dog with keys, the Black Pearl cannon, Davy Jones’ chest, and Jack the Monkey.
- Buy, sell and trade new properties such as Isla Cruces Beach, Port Royal Harbor, and Tortuga Docks.
- New Pirate Dice.
- 6 pewter tokens including 3 Autobots: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Jazz as well as 3 Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, and Sound Wave.
- Buy, sell, and trade the Transformers universe cities, bases, and planets
- Decipher custom Autobot and Decepticon Cards using a special card decoder
Star Wars Saga Edition
- 8 pewter pieces including Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper, or Bobba Fett!
- Houses and hotels are replaced with X-wings and tiefighters for houses and Star Destroyers and Millenium Falcons for hotel!
- Buy, sell, and trade Star Wars galaxy properties such as Dagobah, Mos Eisley, and Coruscant.
NFL Collectors Edition
- Buy, sell and trade all 32 AFC and NFC teams.
- 6 pewter pieces including a football, whistle, and a cheerleader.
- Houses and hotels are replaced with stadiums and locker rooms.
My Fantasy Baseball Players Edition Monopoly
- 6 pewter pieces including the hot dog, World Series® Trophy, pitcher, batter, ball in glove and catcher’s mask!
- Buy, sell, and trade over 100 different MLB players
- Over one million possible combinations of player lineups
Electronic Banking Edition
- Paper money is replaced with debit cards. Just swipe your card to make payments.
- 6 pewter pieces including a Segway personal transporter, an Altoids tin, space shuttle, flat-screen TV, baseball cap and a dog in handbag.
- Higher property values and locations based on different landmarks.
- 6 pewter pieces including Goblin 2, Venom Sandman, and Spiderman himself in 3 different poses.
- Houses and hotels are replaced by apartments and skyscrapers.
- Spiderman’s Optional Rules for a faster game.
Disney Pixar Edition
- 8 pewter pieces including Buzz Lightyear, Boo and Sulley, Nemo, Mr. Incredible, Lightning McQueen and Remy
- Houses and hotels are replaced with traffic cones and Al’s Toy Barns
- Buy, sell, and trade properties such as the Parr’s family home, Gll’s Pirate Skull, Edna Mode’s Mansion and more.
- 8 pewter playing pieces including Alice from Wonderland, Snow White, Dumbo and Pinocchio.
- Buy, sell, and trade new properties including Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, and the Lion King.
- Houses and hotels are replaced with cottages and castles.
70th Anniversary Edition
- 1930s style game board
- Uniquely designed houses and hotels
- 12 pewter pieces inspired from original Monopoly
There are so many crazy versions available that it is almost too hard to choose. It turns out that there really is the perfect Monopoly theme for everyone, but each person likes a different one. So, without further delay, here are even more all-time favorite Monopoly editions that you can choose from:
Here’s one Monopoly edition you may not find available …
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Elvis Presley Monopoly
I love Lucy Monopoly
The Simpsons Monopoly Edition
Family Guy Monopoly
American Idol Monopoly
World’s Largest Permanent Outdoor Monopoly Board
A Rare 1930’s Fascist Version
Johnny Lightning Monopoly
The Chinese Edition
Red Sox Monopoly
I always hate to choose sides, but a monopoly edition for the baseball fanatics in the house is definitely worthwhile…